Not a Fun Game
Almost late. I thought checking mails won't take much time. But it is! Grab the bag, is Id there? Get the lunch box and ... where is my car key??? checking every where I couldn't recollect where I kept it. Checked the book shelf, TV stand, my last day pant and bathroom. OMG, why I am doing this mistake every time? Bigger house is convenient as well as discomfort. How am I going to locate the keys???
I stopped for a while. And started recollecting the moment when I entered home after my last drive. But with oscillation of various things in my mind, I couldn't focus. There is a meeting by 10 and I should go office at least by 9:50.
"Why do you leave the key in dining table? Change the habit, keep the key all times in key holder" - It is Subha with car keys.
She is right. This is not the first time she is talking about it. "OK", I haven't even stopped and thanked her. Ran to start the car.
And after a few weeks, she was out. I was searching for library books. It is the due date. I don't want to pay penalty. After 10-15 minutes of search, I got tired and called Subha "Hey Subha, I couldn't find the book .....".
"Check the third shelf and it should be the fourth book" - she was sure about it. And yes, it was exactly there. "Wow, What a memory power!!" I surprised. She softly replied, "it is not about memory power. It is about how you organize things". True, she doesn't keep books in TV table or dining table or bed. She organize things and keep things on right place.
It is like an array structure in computer programming. Read again her words - "Check the third shelf and it should be the fourth book" - She keeps an index in her mind so that she access things easily.
It is how array organizes related data in a memory location and help us to access the data non sequentially. I missed to mention the following conversation with her. "What are the books next to it?" she asked. And I read the names of them. "oh ok". She is keeping her cache updated ...
I stopped for a while. And started recollecting the moment when I entered home after my last drive. But with oscillation of various things in my mind, I couldn't focus. There is a meeting by 10 and I should go office at least by 9:50.
"Why do you leave the key in dining table? Change the habit, keep the key all times in key holder" - It is Subha with car keys.
She is right. This is not the first time she is talking about it. "OK", I haven't even stopped and thanked her. Ran to start the car.
And after a few weeks, she was out. I was searching for library books. It is the due date. I don't want to pay penalty. After 10-15 minutes of search, I got tired and called Subha "Hey Subha, I couldn't find the book .....".
"Check the third shelf and it should be the fourth book" - she was sure about it. And yes, it was exactly there. "Wow, What a memory power!!" I surprised. She softly replied, "it is not about memory power. It is about how you organize things". True, she doesn't keep books in TV table or dining table or bed. She organize things and keep things on right place.
It is like an array structure in computer programming. Read again her words - "Check the third shelf and it should be the fourth book" - She keeps an index in her mind so that she access things easily.
It is how array organizes related data in a memory location and help us to access the data non sequentially. I missed to mention the following conversation with her. "What are the books next to it?" she asked. And I read the names of them. "oh ok". She is keeping her cache updated ...
Comments
Post a Comment