Train Game

Choo choo... running behind friends on the street was fun. When I wanted to play the game with kids, they enjoyed it too. Adult next to us looking at weird. No one plays such games on street now a days. But try with your kids and neighboring kids and share how it energizes.

We were 5 initially formed the chain. I was the Engine for first few games. I stood in the front and wait for the coaches to join.

Sai krishna (my son) follows me every time, happily catches my shirt and said "I am behind you. Hey Engine, start start. Choo choo....".

"Hey train wait...." - it was my daughter Danya sri catches Sai krishna shirt and formed next coach. We were riding on the street and all eyes on us. There comes our neighboring kid Sakthi. She follows Danya and now the train is little bigger.

We were running on the street happily.  Then to make some fun in the middle, Engine started going fast and Danya missed to pick it up immediately. "Hey Engine, wait..." the abandoned two coaches started shouting. 

Stopped to pick them. There started a new problem. "I want to be the first coach next to the engine" - it is Sakthi, the little girl. For that first coach has to agree and detach. But it didn't happen easily. After few discussions and compromises, first coach follows Sakthi and Sakthi attached to Engine. 

All is well, it is about to start. Here comes Nandhini, after watching few minutes she also wanted to join the fun. As a grown up, she has no issues joining as last coach. Choo choo... again. Little faster, slower, faster and stoppings. You couldn't believe the fun. Try once and share. Evening time is the preferred time.

"This is Engine. And my name is Ananth"
"This is the first coach. And my name is Sakthi"
"I am your second coach. And my name is Sai Krishna"
"Mm, I am following second. And my name is Danya Sri"
"Here I am Nandhini, the last coach. And no one follows me"

"Sai Krishna!, it is dinner time. Come on" - This is Subha. Oh!, now we need to detach a coach with the name Sai Krishna. "Is Sai Krishna, behind me?".
"No, it is me. Sakthi following you." - sakthi follows "Is Sai Krishna behind me?"
Sai krishna: "Yes, I am here" -- it is sai Krishna.
Sakthi: "Who is following you sai Krishna?"
Sai krishna: "It is Danya"
Sakthi: "Hey Danya, leave Sai krishna and follow me" And that is how the coach Sai Krishna detached. 

Let me stop here. I could read your mind. what a silly game? Was that really fun or I am exaggerating. I am not and it is an useful game to teach LinkedList data structure for kids. Go over the story one more time to understand how LinkedList works.

Engine of the LinkedList is called as head and each node has reference to next node - the coaches. You see the last coach has no reference where the linkedlist ends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recursion

LinkedList - React Show